Last Change: 21 November 2014
1. Standard abbreviations used throughout this site:
b. = born
d. = died
m. = married
(NMI) = no middle initial
(sp) = spelling uncertain
abt = about
2. Alternate spellings, dates, etc. are separated by /’s. The order of alternative spellings, dates, etc. does not necessarily reflect a preference between alternates.
3. Superseded names are shown in parentheses. This is most often seen with female spouses, though adoptions also create superseded names.
4. The generational numbering system we use has no significance other than to help differentiate between generations. Generational numbering for the families that are currently the primary focus of this genealogy starts with the earliest known ancestor and increases with each new generation, right up to the birth of the most recent descendants of that earliest known ancestor. By contrast, those who marry into one of the main families of this genealogy become the subject of an annex of their surname, and they are assigned generation 1 in that line, with their ancestors being assigned higher generation numbers from that point, as far back in time as history exists for that family. Spouses of people recorded in one of these annexes may likewise be the subject of their own annex, given availability of sufficient information to warrant it, but the generation assigned to that spouse is the same as the generation in which the person they married is recorded. For instance, the spouse of the grandson of generation 3 of an annex would be assigned generation 3 of her own annex (if we had sufficient information on her ancestors to warrant creation of an annex).
5. We feel displaying photos on our web pages significantly improves them. We do not show photos of living people without permission of someone in the photo at some time. If you see yourself in a photo and do not want it displayed, please notify us at email@example.com. It will be removed as soon as possible and without question.
We use the following mock images as place holders for photos.
It might mean: (1) we do not have photos, but hope to someday; or (2) have photos, but have not yet prepared them for display, or (3) have photos, but do not have permission to display them. Links to “photos” and “more info” may be active, even if there’s nothing on file yet; there are still many photos and documents to prepare and file.
6. The source of a photo, clipping, or document is (or will be) recorded in a number in parentheses near the end of the photo’s file name. Go to the Directory of Sources to determine what number(s) is associated with a source. When a photo, clipping, or document has been labeled or otherwise modified in anyway, the following figure is affixed to it:
7. If a link does not function properly, again, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is an active, working draft in which changes occur almost every day. These changes can inadvertently disrupt links.
WARNING: This page is a working draft of the results of ongoing research; all information on or linked to this page is subject to change. Do not assume the information displayed here is accurate. No warranties, expressed or implied, are provided for its use or interpretation. Please help us identify inaccurate, incomplete, or inappropriate information and malfunctioning links by clicking here or e-mailing us at email@example.com.