John Staats Pedigree
(Start at generation 1, below.)
Special thanks to Kathryn (deMasters) Ives, whose extensive research was used in compiling the information displayed on this page. More details available on her web site.
Last Change: 28 November 2014
Origin of the surname “Staats:”
6 Jan Pieterszen Staats, married Elsje (?) and had the following son:
5 Peter Janszen Staats, married Antje Janse Van Dyke and had the following son:
4 Peter Staats, married Lysbet Aerentsen and had the following son:
3 Abraham Staats, married Elizabeth Jaudon and had the following son:
2 Edmund Staats
1. Biographical notes:
Born . Died before 11 September 1791 in Lower Dublin Township, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania.
2. Wife #1: Rebecca Scott
Born 1725, daughter of Benjamin and Jane (Twining) Scott. Died 23 July 1775.
a. Children: (order uncertain)
(1. Benjamin Staats: Died after 1786.
(2. John Staats: See generation 1, below.
3. Wife #2: Jane Van Dyke
Born after 1 April 1746. Died before 6 January 1813. Married Edmund Staats on 10 May 1779.
1 John Staats:
Born . Died before 23 August 1798 at Middletown, Dauphine County, Pennsylvania. Married, as her 1st husband, Sarah Hicks, paragraph 4a.C.2.c.(1.(c.(3) of the William Biles page and had the following children:
1. George Staats: Married Eliza (?) and, perhaps, had the following daughter:
a. Sarah B. States: Married Benjamin Eastburn, son of Joseph and Elcie (Krewson) Eastburn.
2. Rebecca Staats: Born about 1788. Died 18 February 1879. Married James Terry.
3. John Staats: Married Effie Croasdale.
4. Samuel G. Staats: Died 17 January 1875.
5. Maria Staats: Died 17 February 1871. Married Samuel Harding (b. 13 Feb 1797, d. 21 Mar 1871), son of Thomas and Tacy (Roberts) Harding.
WARNING: This page is a working draft of the results of ongoing research; all information on or linked to this page is subject to change. Do not assume the information displayed here is accurate. No warranties, expressed or implied, are provided for its use or interpretation. Please help us identify inaccurate, incomplete, or inappropriate information and malfunctioning links by clicking here or e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.