Olive Margaret (Wood)* Dougall Pedigree
(Start at generation 2, below.)
Last Change: 28 November 2014
Origin of the surname “Wood:”
* Wood and Woods are variants in spelling seen in formal and informal sources for this family. It is not clear what the original spelling was, so, for clarity and consistency, we will use Wood throughout this annex.
4 John Wood (photos)
1. Biographical notes:
3. Children: (order uncertain)
a. John Wood, Jr.: Born 1853. Died 1913; interred Fairview Cemetery, Dickinson, New York. Married Susan A. (?) (b. 1857, d. 1922) and had at least the following son:
(1. Hubert/Herbert Wood: Married (?) and had at least the following daughter:
(a. Meredith Wood: Resided in New York.
(2. Ira L. Wood.
(3. Arthur Wood.
(4. George Wood.
(5. Earl Wood.
(6. Olive Wood.
(7. Rose Wood.
(8. Flora Wood.
(9. Nora Wood.
b. Joseph Wood: See generation 3, below.
c. George Wood.
d. Harry Wood.
e. Clara Wood.
f. Libeth Wood.
3 Joseph Wood
1. Biographical notes:
Born 20 August 1860 at Malone or Brendon/Brandon, New York (or Dickinson, per death certificate). Died 13 June/20 March 1936 (age 75 yrs, 7 mo., 23 days) at Malone, New York from complications of cerebral hemorrhage; interred St. Mary’s Cemetery, Brushton, New York. Resided at Dickinson, New York for 18 years. Moved to St Regis Falls, New York in 1913. Was employed as a farmer.
1920 US Census: Joseph (age 58, b. N.Y.) was heading a dairy farming household in Waverly Township, Franklin County, New York. His parents were both born in Vermont. He owned his home free and clear. Other members of the household included his wife, Matilda (age 56, b. VT, parents b. French Canada); son, Nelson D. (age 22, single, b. NY, employed as a Teamster at a lumber camp); son, Edward (age 20, single, b. NY, employed as a laborer in a paper mill); son, Ernest J. (age 18, single, b. NY, employed as a chopper at a lumber camp; daughter, Pearl M. (age 14, single, b. N.Y.); and son, LeRoy V. (age 10, single, b. NY).
2. Wife: Matilda W. Bushey/Bouchard
Born 5 March 1871 at Isle La Motte, Vermont, daughter of John and Matilda (Muller) Bushey. Died Monday, 10/13 March 1933 (age 71 yrs, 0 mo., 5 days) from complications of chronic myocarditis; interred St. Mary’s Cemetery, Brushton, New York. Was employed full time as a housewife.
3. Children: (order uncertain)
a. Bessie Agnes Wood: Born 1889 at Brouedan, New York. Died 15 October 1914 (age 24 yrs, 10 mo., 16 days) in Waverly Township, Franklin County, New York from complications of chronic interstitial nephsiton; interred Brushton, New York.
b. Pearl M. Wood: Born perhaps 1906 at Brandon, New York. Died 13 June 1936/33, age 75.
c. Olive Margaret Wood: See generation 2, below.
d. Ruth Wood: Died young.
e. Edward E. Wood: Born 3 February 1899 at Brandon, New York. Died 13 October 1979; interred Acacia Park Cemetery. Married Geraldine Thursom on 13 November 1937.
f. Nelson David Wood: Born 7 February 1897 at Bushton, New York. Died 30 July 1965; interred Bixby Cemetery, Norfolk, New York. Married Mildred E. Russell (b. 2 Mar 1909 at Dickinson Center, d. 18 Dec 1987 (age 78) at Massena General Hospital, Massena, St. Lawrence Co., N.Y., where she had been a patient since 5 Dec; interred spring 1988 in Bixby Cemetery, Norfolk, N.Y.), daughter of Gilbert and Blanche (Campbell) Russell, on 4/5 June 1927 and resided at 111B West Hatfield Street, Massena, St. Lawrence County, New York 13662. Mildred was employed full time as a housewife. Nelson and Mildred had the following children:
(1. June Barbara Wood: Born 1928 at St. Regis Falls, New York. Married Dewey Stewart and resided at Bridgeport, New York. Later resided at Lakeland, Florida.
(2. Joseph Nelson Wood: Born 1930 at St. Regis Falls, New York. Married Dorothy King and resided at New Blaine, Arkansas.
(3. Joanne/Joan Helen Wood: Born 1931 at St. Regis Falls, New York. Married (1st) Howard Stewart and resided at West Weego, Louisiana.
(4. Joyce Mary Wood: (photos) (more info) Born 1933 at St. Regis Falls, New York. Married Ephraim Gladding and resided at Massena, New York.
(5. John Gerald Wood: Born 1935 at St. Regis Falls, New York. Resided at Syracuse, New York.
(6. Jay David Wood: Born 1937 at St Regis Fall, New York. Died Tuesday, 1994/5 at age 57 from complications of a brain tumor. Attended Raymondville schools and graduated from Norwood-Norfolk High School. Served in the US Marine Corps and the US Air Force. Married Consuella Owens, but they were subsequently divorced. Resided initially at Massena, New York. Moved to West Weego, Louisiana, where he was employed at a shrimp factory and as a pipefitter aboard a fishing boat until health forced his retirement. Jay and Consuella had the following children:
(a. Jay D. Wood, Jr.: Resided at Binghamton, New York.
(b. Terry Lynn Wood: Resided at Binghamton, New York.
(7. Jack David Wood: Born 1939 at St. Regis Falls, New York. Resided at Moffett, Oklahoma.
(8. Jean Ann Wood: Born 1941 at St. Regis Falls, New York. Resided at West Weego, Louisiana.
(9. Jerry William Wood: Born 1942 at St. Regis Falls, New York. Resided in Oklahoma.
(10. Janice Carol Wood: Born 1944 at Potsdam, New York. Married (?) Dye and resided at New Blaine, Arkansas.
(11. Joy Beverly Wood: Born 1945 at Potsdam, New York. Married Paul Carman/Carmin and resided in Massachusetts.
(12. James Dewey Wood: Born 1947 at Potsdam, New York. Resided at Winthrop, Massachusetts.
(13. Jarel Anthony Wood: Born 1950 at Potsdam, New York. Resided at South Kadley, Massachusetts.
(14. Jeffrey Donald Wood: Born 30 July 1954. Died 30 August 1961.
g. Ernest Delbert Wood: (SSN: 079-03-1248) Born 23 August 1901 at Dickinson, Franklin County, New York. Died 10 March 1963, age 61, at North Tonawanda, Niagara County, New York from complications of coronary thrombosis (heart attack); interred Wright’s Corners Cemetery, Newfane. Employed as a radio station maintainer. Resided last at 596 Payne Street, North Tonawanda, New York for 8 years. Married Grace P. Wilson on 28 January 1928 and had the following children:
(1. Ernest "Ernie"/"Joe" Wood: (photos) Died 8 May 2013 while in hospice care. Married Ernestine (?) (photos) on 24 February 1951. Ernie’s mother resided in a mobile home behind their residence in Lockport, Niagara County, New York. Ernie and Joe had the following children:
(a. Peggy Wood: Born about 1954.
(b. Brian Wood: Born about 1966.
(2. Jack Wood.
h. LeRoy Victor Wood: Born 1 June 1909/10 in Dickinson Township, New York. Died 3 June 1985, age 75; interred Mount Olivert Cemetery. Married Betty (?).
i. Albert Wood: Born 1892 at Brandon, New York. Died 1894.
2 Olive Margaret Wood:
Born 19 September 1894. Died 10 February 1967 at Watertown, New York. Married Leon Dougall, generation 2 of the Dougall Annex on Saturday, 27 May 19??.
Other, still unknown, Wood names:
1. Abraham Wood: 5 January 1886, age 84; interred Quaker Burying Ground, LeRaysville. Married Permillia (?) (d. 16 Apr 1886, age 82). Permillia was a Quaker minister.
2. Hollis Wood: Married Patricia Smith in 1957.
WARNING: This page is a working draft of the results of ongoing research; all information on or linked to this page is subject to change. Do not assume the information displayed here is accurate. No warranties, expressed or implied, are provided for its use or interpretation. Please help us identify inaccurate, incomplete, or inappropriate information and malfunctioning links by clicking here or e-mailing us at email@example.com.