Irene (Gilbert) Chamberlain Pedigree
(Start at generation 1, below.)
Last Change: 25 November 2014
Origin of the surname “Gilbert:”
4 Samuel Gilbert
1. Biographical notes:
Born Connecticut. Died . Served 2 terms in the Revolutionary War. Moved from Colchester to Wyoming County, Pennsylvania. About 1792 moved to Asylum Township, Bradford County, Pennsylvania.
2. Wife: Mary Dodge
Born . Died .
3. Children: (order uncertain)
a. Lydia Gilbert: Married John Miller.
b. Irene Gilbert: See generation 3, below.
c. Hannah Gilbert.
d. Eunice Gilbert: Married (?) Hamilton.
e. Anne Gilbert.
f. Fanny Gilbert: Married Charles Brown, who moved to Asylum Township, Bradford County, Pennsylvania about 1813, and had several children, including: (order uncertain)
(1. William H. H. Brown: For a time was a merchant at Monroeton, Bradford County, Pennsylvania, who was apparently associated with Aurice Rockwell (Mrs. Joseph Homet). (not sure how that makes sense, since Joseph Homet m. Adelia Gordon).
(2. Burton Brown: Resided at Franklin, Bradford County, Pennsylvania.
(3. Byron Brown: Resided at Franklin, Bradford County, Pennsylvania.
g. Nancy Gilbert: Married (?) Peck.
h. Daniel Gilbert: Moved to Asylum, Bradford County, Pennsylvania 1809/10, when the French were developing that area. Moved to the George Bowman property, and in 1810 constructed a house and barn there. Moved from there to Greenwood, where he resided until 1817, then moved to Towanda, where he resided on the Patton property. Married (?) and had the following son:
(1. Nelson Gilbert: Prominent citizen of Bradford County.
i. Samuel Gilbert: Owned and operated, with his brother, Oliver, a sawmill. Married Mary Merrit (b. 1749, d. 7 Jan 1833, age 84 yrs, 3 mo., 17 days).
j. Oliver Gilbert: Owned and operated, with his brother, Samuel, a sawmill. Married (1st) Lucretia Ely and had the following children:
(1. Hiram Gilbert: Married Mary Ann Woodruff.
(2. Richard Gilbert: Married Harriet Hannon.
(3. Mary Gilbert: Married Francis Homet. Paragraph 2.a.(1. Of generation 2 of the Homet Annex.
3 Irene Gilbert:
Born . Died . Married (as the 1st marriage at Asylum) Jabez Chamberlain, MD, generation 3 of the Chamberlain Annex on 9 June 1795.
WARNING: This page is a working draft of the results of ongoing research; all information on or linked to this page is subject to change. Do not assume the information displayed here is accurate. No warranties, expressed or implied, are provided for its use or interpretation. Please help us identify inaccurate, incomplete, or inappropriate information and malfunctioning links by clicking here or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.