Anne Parilee (Sanders) Watkins Pedigree
(Start at generation 4, below.)
Last Change: 5 April 2023
Origin of the surname “Sanders:”
6 Reverend Harden/Arden Sanders
1. Biographical notes:
Born . Died .
2. Wife: Elizabeth (?)
Born . Died .
a. Jessie L. Sanders "Jepe": (male) Born 30 July 1817, perhaps in/near Rogersville, Hawkins County, Tennessee. Died 7 March/November 1910 at Wrightsboro, Gonzales County, Texas. In 1896 visited his brother, Benjamin in Fannin County, Texas.
Jesse Sanders married (1st) Margarette C. Brethrie (b. , d. 28 May 1876 at Bracketville, TX) on 1 February 1838 and had the following children:
(1. Zarada Sanders: Born about 1840.
(2. A. C. Sanders: Born about 1850. Inherited his parents' homestead tract.
(3. Jerry A. Sanders: Born about 1858.
Jesse Sanders married (2nd) Sarah (Reagain) Harris (b. , d. 27 Aug 1900) on 7 May 1888 in Gonzales County, Texas, with Reverend Briggs officiating. Sarah had married (1st) (?) Harris and had at least the following son:
(4. J./H. S./A. Sanders: Veteran of the Mexican-Amerian War. Resided at Wrightsboro, Gonzales County, Texas.
b. Benjamin Richard Sanders: See generation 5, below.
5 Benjamin Richard Sanders
1. Biographical notes:
Born 22 July 1823, perhaps in/near Rogersville, Hawkins County, Tennessee. Died 26 January 1897 in Fannin County, Texas; interred there in Burns Cemetery with 2nd wife. Described as a big man. For years was Post Master and Justice of the Peace at Bells, Grayson County, Texas.
1870 US Census: Ben R. Sanders, age 47 (b. TN) and employed as a farmer, was heading a household in Fannin County, Texas. The household also included his wife, Nancy J. Sanders, age 45 (b. TN); daughter, Elizabeth Sanders, age 22 (b. TN); son, Reuben Sanders, age 20 (b. TN); daughter, Annie P. Sanders, age 18 (b. TN); son, William Sanders, age 16 (b. TN); son, Arden Sanders, age 12 (b. TX); Joe C. Sanders, age 9 (b. TX); step-son, Adam Watkins, age 18 (b. TX); step-daughter, Josephine Watkins, age 11 (b. TX); step-son, George P. Watkins, age 8 (b. TX); and step-son, Joseph M. Watkins, age 6 (b. TX).
2. Wife #1: Eliza Jane Frazier
a. Biographical notes:
Born 22 October 1823 in Tennessee. Died 31 October 1862, age 40 years, 9 days, in Fannin County, Texas; interred there in Porters Cemetery.
(1. Jessie L. Sanders: Born about 1847 in Tennessee. Died in Texas. Married Laura Jones (b. abt 1854) in February 1870 in Fannin County, Texas and had the following son:
(a. Benjamin Richard Sanders, II: Born 1873 in Clay County, Texas. Died 2/3 January 1942, age 69, in at Bowie Township, Montague County, Texas, where he had resided 48 years. Had 4 sons and 3 daughters.
(2. Elizabeth Ellen Sanders "Ellen": (photos) Born about 1848 in Tennessee. Died 27 August 1873, age 25, at Wills Point.
(3. Reuben Sanders: Born about 1848 in Tennessee. Died in Oklahoma. Married (?) and had children, including:
(a. Ella Sanders: Helped raise her siblings when her mother died young. Married (?) Keys and had at least the following daughter:
(1) Mary Keys.
(4. Anne Parilee Sanders: See generation 4, below.
(5. William F. Sanders "Uncle Bill": Born 1854 in Fannin County, Texas. Died 1929. Married Emma Aldridge/Aldredge (b. 1867, d. 1935), daughter of Samuel T. and Margaret Ann (Andrews) Aldridge, and had the following children:
(a. Grace Sanders: Married (?) Roberts.
(b. Jerome Sanders: Born 1891. Died 1918. Married J. Claude Sears, son of Chris C. Sears.
(c. Charles Samders.
(d. Mack Sanders: Died young.
(a. Ralph Sanders: Born 6 October 1901. Died 18 May 1937.
(b. Max Sanders: Born 5 April 1894. Died 26 December 1908.
(6. Hannah C. Sanders: Born 24 February 1857. Died 27 October 1862, age 5 years, 5 months, and 8 days; interred Porter Cemetery. Enumerated with her parents and siblings in the 1860 US Census.
(6. Arden Sanders: Born 2 February 1858. Died 31 January 1948. Resided with his brother, Joe, below. Never married.
(7. Joseph "Joe" Clemmons Sanders: Born 17 July 1861 in Fannin County, Texas. Died there 1 November 1932. Married Mary Frances Legg (photos) and had the following children:
(a. Effie Sanders: Married Randolph Wilson "Pack," son of Bird Wilson.
(b. Floyd Sanders: Married Cleo (?) and had the following children:
(1) Ardel Sanders: Married Ralph Tilger.
(2) Marietha Sanders: Married (?) Crawford.
(3) Alta Sanders.
(c. Ada Sanders: Married Bill Cox. Resided in Bonham Township, Fannin County, Texas. Their home burned in 1928, destroying all records.
3. Wife #2: Nancy Jane (McFarland) Watkins (photos)
Born 5 November 1825 in Sevier County, Tennessee. Died 26 October 1902 in Trenton Township, Fannin County, Texas. Married (1st) Joseph C. Watkins (b. 5 Nov 1825, d. 26 Oct 1902)(see gen 5 of the Watkins Annex); no children. Married (2nd) Benjamin Richard Sanders on 8 November 1869 in Fannin County, Texas.
4 Anne Parilee Sanders: (photos)
Born 22 March 1852 in Jefferson County, Tennessee. Died 21 August 1922 in Bonham Township, Fannin County, Texas, while visiting the residence of her daughter, Bennie (Watkins) Ford; interred Burns Cemetery. Married Adam Watkins, generation 4 of the Watkins Annex on 26 February 1873 in Trenton Township, Fannin County, Texas.
See Watkins Annex for More Info
WARNING: This page is a working draft of the results of ongoing research; all information on or linked to this page is subject to change. Do not assume the information displayed here is accurate. No warranties, expressed or implied, are provided for its use or interpretation. Please help us identify inaccurate, incomplete, or inappropriate information and malfunctioning links by clicking here or e-mailing us at email@example.com.