Hannah Hayes (Valentine) Cook Pedigree
(Start at generation 1, below.)
Last Change: 5 April 2023
Origin of the surname “Valentine:”
5 Micayah/Micajah Valentine
1. Biographical notes:
Born about 1773 in Chester County (now Delaware Co.), Pennsylvania; perhaps from the family of Thomas and Mary (Parke) Valentine. Died 25 December 1847, age 74; interred the old Baptist section of Lawn Croft Cemetery and Mausoleum (lot # 48), Linwood, Delaware County, Pennsylvania.
2. Wife: Elizabeth? (?)
Born about 1769. Died 18 November 1847, age 78 years; interred with Micayah (lot # 49).
3. Children: (order uncertain; apparently at least 6 children, since T. J. Valentine had 4 sister and a brother)
a. Thomas Jefferson Valentine: See generation 4, below.
b. John Valentine: Born about 1836. Died 2 November 1855, age 19 years; interred with his parents in lot # 50.
4 Thomas Jefferson Valentine (photos)
1. Biographical notes:
Born January 1803 in Chester County (now Delaware Co., Pennsylvania. Died after 8 November 1886; interred Old Saint Martin's Church Cemetery (grave # 356), Marcus Hook, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. At age 56 was described as 5' 10" tall, with a dark complexion, grey eyes, and iron gray hair. Veteran of the American Civil War; was a private in Captain Frederick L. Gimber's Company E of the 109th Regiment of Pennsylvania Infantry; enlisted 3 January 1862 at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; discharged 7 March 1863 at Baltimore, Maryland.
2. Wife: Mary Anne (Morton) Marshall (photos)
Born about 1801; daughter of Captain Erasmus and Sarah Ann (Johnson) Morton of Marcus Hook, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Died 4 April 1858, age 57 in Delaware County, Pennsylvania; interred Saint Martin's Cemetery (grave # 357), Marcus Hook, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Married (1st) Thomas Marshall, Jr. (b. ,d. ; interred 3 Oct 1825) on 21 August 1823, with Reverend R. U. Morgan of Saint Martin's Episcopal Church officiating, and had the following daughter:
a. Sarah Marshall: Born about 1825. Died Jun 1903. Married Nelson Walter Fairlamb (b. abt 1809/19/20), who was employed as a master cabinet maker and subsequently as a funeral director (N. W. Fairlamb Funeral Home, Chester, PA), and had the following children:
(1. Horace Walter Fairlamb: Born about 1853. Died in Nova Scotia, Canada. Took over his father's business to support his sisters. Subsequently moved to Nova Scotia. Married Kate Maddocks and had the following children:
(a. Horace Fairlamb: Married, as her 1st husband, Carol Jack and moved to Nova Scotia, Canada, where he died. Widow Carol (Jack) Fairlamb married (2nd) DeHaver Ledwards and had a child, who died young.
(b. Caroline Fairlamb: Born 20 September 1879. Married William H. Dickerson (b. 20 Feb 1880), perhaps son of Oliver Dickerson, on 8 March 1908 and had at least the following son:
(1) Oliver Booth Dickinson: Born 12 December 1910. Married Lillian Salois on 2 November 1946 and had the following children:
(a) Stephen William Dickinson: Born 1948.
(b) Diane Caroline Dickinson: Born 1951.
(c. Margaret Fairlamb: Died unmarried. Employed as a school teacher.
Widow Kate (Maddocks) Fairlamb married (2nd) DeHaver Ledwards and had a child, who died young.
(2. Mary "Maime" Fairlamb: Married James Alexander Cochran "Al" and had the following children:
(a. Sarah "Sissy" Cochran: Married, as his 1st wife, (?) Wilson; no children. (?) Wilson remarried.
(b. James Cochran: Employed as an attorney and resided at Media, Delaware County, Pennsylvania.
(c. Walter Cochran.
(d. Son: Had a brain injury as a child; hospitalized at Elwyn Sanitarium.
(3. Caroline Fairlamb: Died at age 6.
(4. Sarah "Sally" Helen Fairlamb "cousin Sally": Died '81/'82; interred Chester Rural Cemetery. Never married.
Widow Mary (Morton) Marshall married (2nd) Thomas Jefferson Valentine.
3. Children: (order uncertain)
b. Rachel Valentine: Born about 1831. At about age 45 married Thomas/Pierce King and raised the following daughter:
(1. Emma King: Killed young; never married.
c. Hannah Hayes Valentine: See generation 3, below.
d. Thomas Jefferson Valentine, Jr.: Born 1836 at Marcus Hook, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Died 7 June/9 August 1883 at Chester, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Employed as a grocer at Chester, Pennsylvania, and had a store in South Chester from 1864 to 1870. Married Margaret Anne Williams (b. 1842, d. 31 Jan 1915 at Chester, PA), daughter of Charles and Ann Matilda (Haines) Williams, on 13 March 1864 in Saint Paul's Church, Chester, Pennsylvania and had the following children:
(1. Itasca E. Valentine: Born 7 February 1865. Died 7/9 April 1893. Never married.
(2. Leila M. Valentine: Born about 1870. Married William D. Pullen on 18 June 1891 in Saint Paul's Church, Chester, Pennsylvania and had the following children:
(a. Elizabeth Pullen.
(b. Haines Pullen: Died about 1959.
(3. Pearlla V. Valentine: Born 1866. Married James M. Hamilton, son of John H. and Margaret (Armstrong) Hamilton (and brother of Margaret Crummer Hamilton, who married Judge Jonathan Martin Broomall, III), on 15 September 1887 and had the following children: (note: James' sister,)
(a. Thomas Valentine Hamilton: Died 1921 in a hunting accident at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. Married Frances/Ruth Smith and perhaps (conjecture by Josie (Watkins) Kennedy) had the following children:
(1) Margaret Hamilton.
(2) James Hamilton.
(3) Lezzie Hamilton.
(4) Thomas Hamilton.
(5) Alexander Hamilton.
(6) Frances Hamilton.
(b. Norman Alexander Hamilton: Married Louise (?); no children.
(c. Itasca Hamilton: Married Richard Stevenson, brother of Alfred Stevenson, who married Doris Valentine (see below), and had the following children:
(1) Richard Stevenson.
(2) Janice Stevenson.
(3) Itasca Stevenson: Unmarried in 1919.
(d. James Wayne Hamilton: Was in the insurance and real estate business. Married (1st) Anna Uff? and resided at 1009 Edgemont Avenue, Chester, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. They had several children, including:
(1) Jimmy Hamilton.
(2) Pearlla Hamilton.
(3) John Hamilton.
(4) Margaret Hamilton.
(6) Gregory Hamilton.
James Hamilton married (2nd) Ruth Ridgeway?
(e. Vernon A. Hamilton: Married Joyce (?) and had a daughter.
(f. Gordon Lilley Hamilton: Employed as an attorney.
e. Erasmus Morton Valentine: Born 1836/38. Died 1915; initially interred Saint Martin's Episcopal Church Cemetery, Marcus Hook, Delaware County, Pennsylvania; subsequently moved to Lawncroft Cemetery near Linwood, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Employed as a grocer at Marcus Hook. While a resident of Marcus Hook, Delaware County, Pennsylvania, married Abigail "Abbie" Plumbly (b. 1841, d. 1920) of Kingselling, Pennsylvania, daughter of Mary (?) Plumley, Media Borough, Delaware County, Pennsylvania on 23 June 1861 and had the following children:
(1. Mary A. Valentine: Born 1863. Died 1919. While a resident of Marcus Hook, Delaware County, Pennsylvania, married Howard A. Cummings (b. 1858, d. 1931) on 17 November 1881 at Marcus Hook and had the following children:
(a. Elizabeth "Lizzie" Cummings: Married Robert Zebley.
(b. Abbie Cummings.
(c. Harry Cummings.
(d. Earl Joseph Cummings.
(2. Clarence L. Valentine: Born 1864. Died 14 December 1924. Never married.
(3. Jessie Valentine: Born about 1868. Married Lewis Hinkson and had the following daughter:
(a. Adelaide Hinkson: Married Asbury Weber and resided on Amneslie Road, Baltimore County, Maryland.
(4. Robert H. Valentine: Born about 1876. Killed 30 January 1906, age 30. Married, as her 1st husband, Angeline Ross (b. 1877, d. 1959). Angeline (Ross) Valentine married (2nd) William Bullard (b. 1883/93, d. 1962).
(5. Ada S. Valentine: Born 1883. Died 1957. Married John G. Congelton (b. 1880, d. 1963) and had the following children:
(a. Mary Congelton.
(b. Albert Congelton.
(c. Willard Congelton.
(6. William W. Valentine #2: Born 22 April 1864. Died 25 March 1940; interred Lawncroft Cemetery, Marcus Hook, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Never married.
(7. Harry Carlton Valentine: Born 6 February 1872. Died 18 March 1948. Operated a grocery store and haberdashery business at Marcus Hook, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Married Margaret E. Merion (b. 1872 near Concordville, Concord Twp, Delaware Co., PA, d. 9 Apr 1958; interred Chester Rural Cem.) on 28 April 1897 and had the following children:
(a. Doris Plumley Valentine: Born 20 February 1898. Married (1st) Alfred Stevenson (d. 18 Aug 1918; killed in action during WWI) on 23 March 1918. Note Alfred was the brother of Richard Stevenson, who married Itaska Hamilton (see above).
Doris (Valentine) Stevenson married (2nd) George Colvin on 6 March 1922 and had the following children:
(1) Margaret Colvin: Born 15 February 1923. Married Walter Gamble and had the following children:
(a) Harold Walter Gamble: Born 1945.
(b) George Colvin Gamble: Born 1952.
(2) Eleanor McEwan Colvin: Boen 6 June 1924. Married John MacCrum on 14 September 1946 and had the following children:
(a) John MacCrum, Jr.: Born 1947.
(b) Karen MacCrum: Born 1949.
(c) Susan MacCrum: Born 1952.
(d) Bruce MacCrum: Born 1958.
(3) Doris Katherine Colvin: Born 30 July 1927. Married Edward Heinlien and had the following children:
(a) Katherine Heinlien: Born 1946.
(b) Edward Heinlien: Born 1948.
(4) Sally Colvin: Born 2 May 1929. Married George Kirkpatrick on 23 June 1949 and had the following children:
(a) Terry Kirkpatrick: Born 1952.
(b) George Kirkpatrick, Jr.: Born 1953.
(c) Jeffrey Kirkpatrick: Born 1 August 1954. Died 6 February 1957.
(b. Harry Carlton Valentine, II, MD: Twin. Born 14 December 1906. Married Anne Moore and had the following children:
(1) Harry Carlton Valentine, III: Married Nancy (?).
(2) Jane Valentine: Born 1938. Employed as a nurse in Bellevue Hospital in New York City. Killed October 1965, age 27, in Puerto Rica.
(c. Margaret Eunice Valentine: Twin. Born 14 December 1906. Married Frank Frederick Lunn, II on 27 June 1931 and had the following son:
(1. Frank Frederick Lunn, III: Born 1937. Married Mary Beth Kelsey in 1961 and resided at Box 272 RD 4, Altoona, Blair County, Pennsylvania. They adopted and raised the following son:
(a. Frank Frederick Lunn, IV: Adopted. Born 1966.
f. Mary E. Valentine: (photos) Born about 1840. Died 26 February 1896. Married Dr. Henry Minton Lewis (photos) (b. 7 Jun 1849, d. 28 Jul 1918) of Brooklyn, New York on 24 October 1874 at Saint Paul's Church, Chester, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Henry graduated in March 1869 from Hahnemann Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and had moved to Brooklyn, New York and practiced homeopathic medicine. Henry and Mary had the following daughter:
(1. Marie Stewart Lewis: (photos) (more info) Born 16 November 1877. Married William Booth Harvey (photos), son of Elwood and Ellen Hoskins (Booth) Harvey and had the following son:
(a. William Minton Harvey: Born 4 October 1898. Married Gertrude McCabe (b. 11 Jul 1897), daughter of William Robins and Beula (Whaley) McCabe and had the following daughter:
(1) Caroline Harvey: Married (?) Turner.
(b. Elwood Harvey.
(c. Henry Harvey: Married (?) Best and had the following children:
(1) Henry Harvey, Jr.
(2) Cuter Harvey.
(2. Henry Minton Lewis, Jr.: Born 11 September 1883. Graduated from Boston Technical and moved to Denver, Colorado.
g. Emma C. Valentine: Born about 1845. Died 4 November 1908. In 1865 had a private school at 9th and Upland in Chester, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Never married.
3 Hannah Hayes Valentine:
Born 10 July 1832 in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Died 2/9 May 1911. Married (1st), as his 2nd wife, John Cook, generation 3 of the Cook Annex on 1 January 1851 at Marcus Hook, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Married (2nd) William B. Wilson about 1862.
See Cook Annex for More Info
WARNING: This page is a working draft of the results of ongoing research; all information on or linked to this page is subject to change. Do not assume the information displayed here is accurate. No warranties, expressed or implied, are provided for its use or interpretation. Please help us identify inaccurate, incomplete, or inappropriate information and malfunctioning links by clicking here or e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.